Skip to main content

GIMME A monsoon BREAK!



It’s raining heavily…There’s nothing like hot snacks on a cool rainy weekend. I remember…when I was in A.P, we (me n my sis) waited for rain…[But kaun samjhaae hum bechaare bachhon ko k bin mausam barsaat sirf filmo me common hai…Real life it’s too rare.] We enjoyed artificial rain. Had a pipe in paa’s hands and he showered that from faaaaaar away and we danced like any thing…
And how can I forget that red velvet bug??? “Choti-moti”… That bug was kinda ‘touch me not’ plant..It was sooooooo soft to touch...caz it had a velvet coat on its whole body and li'l black eyes n light red legs...When u hold n pick that up in ur hands, it reduces its size and closes all its legs n hands whatever.. N open karwaane k lie we sang a poem.
The lines follows…
Choti moti, biriyaa moti, tera mama laddu laya..laal darwaza khol de…

Believe me…It did the same…Saare pair khol ke chalne lagti thi… Imagine…A red bug on the green grass…AWESOME….
And the games we played in rainy seasons…For cosiness, we cousins closed ourselves in a room and spread the floor with talcum powder and danced thru the room…Oh god!!! Sweet memories…
They’ve just disappeared suddenly with the time…
I need a break…A monsoon break!!! That too @ Andhra. With my cousins. No work, no studies, nothing doing except senseless and meaningless conversations and games…

Comments

  1. hehe reminds me the school days..when u used to catch the bugs n take them to classrooms in matchboxes..sometimes drop in someone's(girl) shirt also..ya at times we are naughty :P..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Caroline, I am glad that you read this blog. I had to translate your comment to understand that my blog helped you in anyway. :)
      Stay connected.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to 8 amazing years of togetherness.

I had no idea what marriage entails. Marriage, like everything else in life, cannot be taught or understood before it is lived. It needs to be felt. Sometimes it feels joyous, sometimes it hurts. There are married couples who claim they are still madly in love. For them, marriage doesn’t require major adjustments or sacrifices. They naturally know how to keep each other happy, how to live a perfectly balanced and harmonious life. But for us, we struggled with such concept of a perfectly harmonious marriage because ours’ was far different from it. I even thought something was dreadfully wrong with our marriage by comparing our relationship to other people’s. I thought we were an anomaly. We used to swim through turbulent waters ineptly. We even survived a few tsunamis together. Despite such accidents, we swam gawkily and rose above the surface.  It’s certainly not the prettiest picture of marriage but perhaps the most realistic, the one that helps marriages last a lifetim

Alfredo Pasta & The Roller-Coaster Life

#UAEMemories #10YearsAgo this Alfredo Pasta topped with tangy sauce, was all that I wanted to cook. (Please ignore the picture quality and the quantity of alfredo sauce in it) 😅 Things were fine then... No restrictions. No ifs-n-buts,  No one to guide and no one to blame , No COVID, and No work-from-home.  Then  - I enjoyed the roller-coaster ride. It felt like I was on top of the world with the wind rushing through my hair, the freedom pumping through my veins, and a scream escaping from the very depths of my soul! Although there were troubles on the way, now when I think about them, they make me feel nostalgic. Not just that #dry pasta, but life then, made me feel excited.  NOW -  Watching life on a roller-coaster ride is now a bit scary. Stepping out is scary. Meeting someone in person is scary. Knowing about someone else's health condition is scary. Not even this pasta can solve this problem. Life now is quite disturbed. Not only mine but almost everyone's. Reasons are man